NAVIGATION


Saturday 26 April 2014

A HUMANITARIAN APPEAL TO U.S. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA by Juanito Itaas

Dear Fellow advocates

Forwarding herewith is the letter for humanitarian appeal of Juanito Itaas, one of the longest held political prisoners in the Philippines, convicted in the killing of the U.S. Army Col. James Rowe in 1989.

He is now jailed at the New Bilibid Prison and had suffered 25 years of detention for the crime he did not commit.

Juanito Itaas would like to take the opportunity of the state visit of U.S. President Barack Obama to appeal for his release on humanitarian grounds that had been opposed by former U.S. Presidents.

In behalf of Juanito, we hope you would consider sharing this humanitarian appeal.



below are links of the appeal published online.pls click the article, and read the comments below it. We encourage enlightened people to join the discussion. Marami talaga ang hindi nauunawaan ang ating issues, ang masakit pa aktibo silang nagkukumento ng negatibo.

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/85386/open-letter--longest-held-political-prisoner-appeals-to-obama

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-inbox/longest-held-political-prisoner-asks-obama-release-101714391.html

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/358496/news/nation/phl-s-longest-held-political-prisoner-asks-obama-to-help-set-him-free

http://www.mindanaoexaminer.com/news.php?news_id=20140424103627

thank you
Task Force Detainees of the Philippines

A HUMANITARIAN APPEAL TO U.S. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

The Honorable Barack H. Obama
President of the United States of America
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear President Obama:

I write this letter to appeal for your urgent and personalintervention in the spirit of respect for human dignity as it is understood all over the world. This is in connection with my petition
for release from prison addressed to the Philippine government regarding the killing of U.S. Army Col. James Rowe happened in April 1989, Quezon City, Philippines.

I am Juanito T. Itaas, arrested, charged, prosecuted and convicted inrelation to the death of Col. James Rowe. I am now serving sentence at the national penitentiary here in the Philippines for more than two decades already. Indeed, I sympathize to the family and loved ones of
Col. James Rowe, to the American people and others who were offended, violated and deeply hurt by the transgressions and inappropriate actions. Like them I suffer the same agony of being separated from my loved ones. I have suffered more than enough.

As an advocate of peace and reconciliation among nations, Mr.President, I implore your Christian sense of mercy and compassion as you certainly believe in second chances. Your considerate action to my plea is a key factor for the realization of my renewed life as a law-abiding citizen and as a God-fearing person.

Right now, the most cherished and persistent wish I have is to be a full-time father to my son and two daughters who were conceived during conjugal visits at the New Bilibid Prison. My children never experienced what a normal and happy family life is all about. Additionally, I firmly believe in one of your guiding principles as a leader and as a family man. - A strong nation is made up of strong families. Every family deserves the chance to make a better future for
themselves and their children. I know that strong families will always be front and center of your agenda, Mr. President.

Being a good and responsible father to your two lovely daughters, here I am, a father also who desires to provide, inspire and support my children with the help of my wife; and by doing so I can be an instrument to have a strong family despite a life-threatening illness that affects my health. This is now my only goal and motivation in life. By God's grace, your valuable help and crucial intervention will help me succeed in this humble aspiration.

Given the present situation, I appeal once more and with great sense of benevolence, Mr. President, to consider a favorable humanitarian action regarding my condition. God bless you mightily!

Respectfully,

Juanito T. Itaas

Political Prisoner

Ipakilala si Nitoy kay PNoy

Igoogle-mo si Nitoy Itaas 

for more details pls contact:
Task Force Detainees of the Philippines (TFDP)
tfdp.1974@gmail.com
Tel: 437 8054
www.tfdp.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

I-Google mo si Nitoy Itaas